Small business experts will tell you that generating leads online is critical for success in today’s business world. People are doing more and more business online. If you are ignoring that potential source of leads, your business is not going to grow and thrive.
Checklist for generating leads online
You can use this five-point checklist to get started or to refine your current process.
- Give great value. Almost everyone on the planet loves to get value for their money. Value is getting something more than a low price. Value can come in the form of useful information and tips, additional features, faster delivery, reduced fees, free customization, etc. Your prospects must see that the value you are providing them that makes you superior to the competition.
- Focus on what your prospective customer wants. You may have a billion ideas for new products or services. But, if your ideal customer doesn’t want any of them, they are all useless. Know your ideal customer intimately. Get to know their pain points, their desires, their commitments. Use those for ideas on what products and services your leads want.
- Be the expert your prospects can rely on. People want to buy from people they can trust. Positioning yourself as an expert in your field helps build the trust of people looking for your product or service. You can gain the expert position by offering helpful tips, knowledgeable advice, and key industry information that would be of interest to your ideal customer.
- Provide multiple levels of involvement. Do you interact with the people in your life in only one way? You probably see them face-to-face, talk on the phone, exchange emails, and follow them on social media. Your customers want this multi-level form of involvement from you as a business. It helps build trust and makes it easier for them to become a customer.
- Interact with your prospects. Remember communication is a two-way street. Your potential customers want to interact with you, even online. This can take a ton of forms, including interacting on social media, personal email communication, personalized marketing material, and webinars. Interaction builds trust and gets people to become leads.
If you implement each item on this list, you will start seeing well-qualified leads coming from your online efforts. And small business experts will tell you that you have a great start on taking your company to the next level.
How do you go about generating leads online?
Are you looking for new and creative ways to generate leads for your business? Sometimes you need to get creative to jumpstart your lead generation process. Adding just a bit of creativity can expand your audience and attract plenty of attention to what your company has to offer.
Let’s Get Creative
Here are three creative ways you can generate new leads:
- Host a special event. This can be as simple as an after work wine and cheese party. It can be as complicated as a full-blown formal black-tie event, complete with orchestral trio and a sit-down dinner. You invite your existing customers and ask them to bring a friend who might be interested in what your company has to offer. It is a nice way to reward your existing customers while introducing yourself to some new prospects.
- Develop strategic alliances. What products or services mesh well with your business? These are companies who are not in competition with you, and complement your offerings. Think about creating alliances where you cross-promote each other’s business. For example, bankers might refer business clients to the accounting firm down the street. An accountant might refer clients to a personal financial adviser. A real estate agent might refer a general contractor or home builder.
- Join (or create) a networking group. Local networking groups are great places to get your company known. You can meet people face-to-face and let them learn a bit about what your company does. You may not get direct business from those you meet in the networking group. However, if you educate the people you meet about what you do, they will start referring people to you. You should reciprocate and do the same for them.
Each of these will help you generate high-quality leads. It all begins with knowing what you do well and finding a creative way to showcase it to prospective clients and those who may refer you.
What is the most creative way you have for generating new leads?