Do you have an unlimited marketing budget? If you are like most business owners, the answer is “no”. That is why you need to make sure your marketing as effective as possible.
Tactics for Making Your Marketing More Effective
Here are six tactics recommended by business mentorship programs.
- Describe what you do or what you offer in a single sentence. That sentence should summarize exactly what you do, why you do it, and who you do it for. That summary helps target your message to your target audience. If you cannot summarize exactly what you can do, how do you expect a customer to know what you do?
- Use your unique branding consistently in everything you do. This can include your logo, your tagline, your mascot, your color scheme, or anything that makes your brand unique. You need to use it in all your advertising and marketing efforts. Consistency builds your brand and customer recognition.
- Know what differentiates you from the competition. What makes you unique is your strongest marketing point. You can leverage these differences to demonstrate why a consumer should choose your company over another. You need to know this before you start any marketing effort.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field. This helps to build trust in your company. You can do this by building a strong online presence, presenting articles in industry publications, and doing speaking engagements.
- Have a plan and work it. A marketing plan is much more than a bunch of words on a piece of paper. It is a roadmap that shows where you are, where you want to go, and how you plan on getting there. The time spent developing and solidifying the plan will save time, money and effort in the future.
- Remember timing is everything. You need to have the right offer, presented to the right customer, through the right channel, at the right time. For example, there is a big gathering on the beach. A budding entrepreneur sets up a drink stand in the parking lot. He puts out signs pointing out that drinks are available in the parking lot. That is well-timed marketing.
These tactics will make your marketing more effective. That allows you to reach your target market, using less of your marketing budget. That leaves money you can use to market more or to expand your business.